Below please find information on the pre-congress and in-congress professional development workshops that will be offered during ICAP2018, as well as relevant registration information.
Pre-Congress workshops will be held on Sunday June 24th and Monday June 25th, 2018 at the Palais de congress de Montreal.
- #1 Treating Simple and Complex Anxiety-Related Disorders with Virtual Reality: Evidence for Best Practices (In English) (3.25 CE Credits)
- #1 Traiter à l'Aide de la Réalité Virtuelle les Troubles Simples et Complexes Liés à l'Anxiété : Évidences Pour les Meilleures Pratiques (En Français) (3.25 CE Credits)
- #2 Therapy with People Who Are Suicidal: Critical Issues (In English) (6 CE Credits)
- #2 Le Suivi des Personnes Suiciaires : Enjeux Incontournables (En Français) (6 CE Credits)
- #3 A Deeper Look into Programme Evaluation and Quality Improvement: Why Programme Evaluation and Quality Improvement Matter to the Vitality and Success of your Programmes and Internships (3.25 CE Credits)
- #4 Advanced Skills in Mindfulness-based Interventions: Navigating the Ethics in and of Mindfulness (6 CE Credits)
- #5 Cultivating Mindfulness: Foundational Practices for Psychotherapy (3.25 CE Credits)
- #6 Demystifying Knowledge Mobilization: Creating a Plan, Creating Change (6 CE Credits)
- #7 Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (3.25 CE Credits)
- #8 Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (3.25 CE Credits)
- #9 From the Military to the Health Care Frontline: Can National Defense’s Resiliency Model Help Health Care Providers Delivering Medical Assistance in Dying? (3.5 CE Credits)
- #10 Perfectionism: A Dynamic-Relational Approach to Conceptualization, Assessment, and Treatment (6 CE Credits)
- #11 Between Temperament and Mental Disorders: Assessing the Continuum (3.25 CE Credits)
- #12 Integrating 'Stories' and 'Scores' to Facilitate Life- and Career Construction Counselling to Individuals and in Group-Based Contexts (6 CE Credits)
- #13 Inter-Professional Collaboration in Sport Psychology: Achieving Synergy Between Clinical Psychologists and Mental Performance Consultants (3.25 CE Credits)
Registration for ICAP 2018 provides you with access to more than 30 In-Congress Professional Development Workshops. At the request of presenters, 25 of these workshops were reviewed for continuing education (CE) credit eligibility by the Canadian Psychological Association.
- Application of Exposure with Response Prevention (ERP) to Address Fixing, Checking, Avoidance and Social Comparison Behaviour in the Late Stages of Evidence-Based Care for an Eating Disorder
- Meaning-Centered Men's Groups: An Intervention Designed to Enhance Psychological Resiliency and Prevent the Onset of Suicide Risk in Men Transitioning to Retirement
- Not Your Grandmother's Visual Science: The Promise of ""Big Data"" Research Strategies
- Person-Centered Research: An Existential-Phenomenological Approach
- Taxonomies of Temperament and Mental Disorders: Multi-disciplinary Summary
- Assistive Technology Selection Protocol, Getting the Right Tool to Support Students with Academic Difficulties.
- Can Favouritism And Sibling Rivalry Be The Keys to Personality Development - Following Alfred Adler?
- Essential Characteristics of First Responder Therapists
- Intersectionality and Social Justice: Reflecting on the Complexities of Practice Through Case Studies
- Introduction to Measurement Invariance
- Living an Embodied Life: Experiential Strategies to Dwell and Thrive within One's Body
- Management of OCD: Psychological and Pharmacological Options for Individuals with Severe Illness
- Intégrer la LUMINOTHÉRAPIE à Son Approche : de la Théorie à la Pratique, de l'Évaluation à l'Intervention. (Exposition de Boîtes Lumineuses, de Tests et de Livres)
- Enhancing Happiness and Well-being: The Role of Positive Psychological Interventions
- Guidelines for the Assessment and Diagnosis of Learning Disabilities in School Age Children and Youth by the Association of Chief Psychologists with Ontario School Boards
- Preaching to the Diverted: Overcoming Hostility, Resistance and Apathy as Culture Change Agent Provocateur
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Microaggressions In Group Therapy
- Social, Ethical and Clinical Implications of Developments in Neuroscience
- Striving For Advanced Student Participation: Peer Support
- The Data Revolution in Africa: A Role for Citizen-Generated Data
- The Psychologist's Role in Managing Concussion Recovery within the School System: The Return to Activity Protocol
- Valuing Psychological Diversity: A Practical Application of the Big Five Using Mobile App Technology
- Developing evidence-based policy briefs for academic researchers: a practical approach to generating research impact
- Heart Rate Variability Training: Taking it out of the Realm of Research and Bringing it into your Clinical Practice
- Transdiagnostic early intervention program for children and adolescents with anxiety and depressive disorders
Tuesday June 26, 2018
Wednesday June 27, 2018
Thursday June 28, 2018
Friday June 29, 2018
The Canadian Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Canadian Psychological Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The pre-congress and in-congress professional development workshops that will be offered during ICAP2018 are valid for CPD purposes for European psychologists seeking to renew their EuroPsy certificate. EFPA acknowledges that its Member Associations (MAs) have different CPD systems. Therefore, EuroPsy registered European psychologists are encouraged to contact their respective MA’s office for assistance in recording this activity and receiving credit.
The Canadian Psychological Association is approved to offer continuing education for psychologists. The Canadian Psychological Association maintains responsibility for the program.